My son hates Babies

My son is 3 and we sometimes toss back and forth having another child but, he HATES little kids.. My mom has watched 2 babies until they were 18 months since he has been born and he can't stand them, won't share, pushes or hits them etc.. he has no problem with other kids that are his age or older, even at Daycare where there is a wide range of ages.. as long as they are older...he is not a child to not share or to be mean like that so It shocks everyone each time.. well since this is the week of the holidays, I had to have my mom watch him while she also has the 17 month old there - ugh.. each time she's had to watch him with the baby there, I get a report of bad behavior.. makes me think it would just be trouble to have another baby.. anyone elses child do this?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My opinion is different than the previous posters. Just for your own sanity, since he is going through the terrible 3's like most kids do, I would wait another year until he's 4. He will be a little more mature, understand things more and be in pre-K or approaching kindergarten so you will have it a little easier with a new baby and you will have more time during the day for the new baby too. My Son was 4 in Oct. & I just found out that I'm pregnant and it seems like the perfect time now for me. From 3 to 4 or 41/2 makes a big difference in behavior and understanding. At least it did for my Son.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with ILovemyPaulie. Also, if you continue to work daycare cost won't be as hard on your budget if you have one in school.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think he will adjust. It may take a while though. I wouldn't hold back from having another child because of this.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• PS - he very much does NOT get away with this behavior and gets in trouble/toys taken /time outs etc.. he is very well mannered and disciplined in other areas. just not this one
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't base my decision on having more children on an older one, you sound like you have a handle on him and he would get used to having a sibling and you would teach him what is appropriate. I agree that he will adjust. Good luck to you :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i was there 14yrs ago my son did not want me to look at other child
    he said he was enough i did have 4 older kids all in school
    so he was used to being with me 2/4/7 every day in time i knew if i showed him i can love him just as much as i can love other child
    that we will still have our time together ,he was willing to try ,i was not aloud to have other of my own but i took care friends small ones
    and he welcome them with open arms ,he is now 17yrs old wishes he had younger sister or brother all you have to do is let
    your son know no matter what you will make time for him have other baby he gets to help you with the child he be best friend
    and big brother ,you know he will grow up loving his brother or his sister as long as he mom time with you
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Make sure he gets enough one on one attention from his care givers. He may be going for the negative attention if he is not getting enough positive attention. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010