My son is turning one and I am in need of monkey themed ideas for games and decor. Kids are 2-6 yrs old.

I have a monkey smash cake, make your own banana splits, a table cover,lots of bananas and stuffed monkey's. Need more inexpensive and easy ideas for decor and fun games.

thethrashersmom

Asked by thethrashersmom at 12:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Entertainment

• Get a monkey stuffed animal and pull it's tail off. The sew it so its stuffing won't fall out and play "Pin the tail on the monkey".
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You have a good amount already. I would suggest decorating in a jungle them. Just get brown and green streamers and some fake trees (the blow up kind). Party City is inexpensive and has tons of stuff for themed parties. They should have a cute monkey Pinata too! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You can also get a bunch of little stuffed monkeys and do some kind of monkey toss. Like the bean bag toss concept. Cut a hole in a piece of decorated cardboard and have them throw the monkeys into the hole.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You could get some tube socks and other materials and the kids could make their own Pet Moneys!! My mum made us monkeys out of tube socks when we were that young. Stuffed them with that cotton filling stuff you get at the craft store I think. Parents may need to be the ones to obviously sew up the bottoms. Of course ours had eyes that were buttons sewed on, but they can paint, use markers, or glue pieces of pre cut fabric on them for faces. Kids love to make fun little things.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• OMG, I was so going to do monkeys and then my mom popped my bubble and said it was racist (my son is AA). That pissed me off because I was waaaaaaaay into this idea and fun. I had even commissioned a musician to write and record a song called Banana Mash (like Monster Mash). I was going to put bananas in a pool and have the kids stomp them and dance to the song. I thought it was going to be hilarious. Of course our party was in warmer weather. I was also going to have monkey bowling. I had been collecting those bottles that the Gerber cereal puffs come in and i was going to paint them to be monkeys and those would be the pins and they would use coconuts as the bowling ball. Not only that, but I found this bamboo table runner that had leis running down the sides so I figured those would make great bowling alleys.
    diapersnob

Answer by diapersnob at 11:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Oriental trading Company has a lot of monkey stuff (cheaper than Party City if you want to ship) so I was going to get a couple of craft projects. I was gonna do the monkey or banana toss and a few other games. We did have a bounce house and slide and ball pit that we would have had regardless. We ended up doing frogs and bugs. I THINK I want to do Handy Manny next year, but I'm not sure...that's a ways away.
    diapersnob