my bf and his friends

ok so my bf had 2 friends that he did everything with b4 i got preg with my first baby. well they both got into some branch of the army. well they are both married and have a good life. to be quite honest better than ours. well last night he was looking at their pix on fb and he was like man i cant believe they actually did it. i missed out. well it hurts my feelings that he said that. i asked him are u having regrets now? he said no i was like u can always go do it now but hes like no its too late for that now. idnt knw wat to say exactly? i know im looking too much into his words, i do this alot....i just need some advice...is he doubting our life now?

(he didnt go to the arny cuz i got preg)

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• where didn't he go? What did he miss?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think you're looking way to much in his words. Its okay for him to feel left out on things he's friends did. Its a natural feeling.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We all make choices in life... and we all at times wonder what if things had been different... but that donesnt change the happiness we feel today..

He got you pregnant out of wedlock when he was young (guessing - but sounds that way)... but he made the mature choice to stay. He made a choice. He will always know that he lost the opportunity to do other things because you got pregnant... but he stayed - focus on that.

He chose YOU.

Anonymous

• see I kind of feel the same way. my DH joined the army right after we got married, then i got pregnant, well after each deployment he talks about all the money the single guys were able to save and I feel like he wishes we hadnt gotten married so he could save up all that money too, but he says he doesnt reget a thing but I cant help but read too much into his words too.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He can still go

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• well sweetie dont feel like that he wanted to stay to provide for his family of course he feels sad but that is normal but just talk to him & let him know how you feel i hope it all works out for you mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Everyone wonders how life would be if we'd of made different choices, If I'd of never married and had kids I'd probabaly have a great career and a lot of money, or maybe I'd be living under a bridge strung out on coke....

Sounds to me he was just trying to see an alternative, but he picked u. Leave it at that.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• that would hurt me terribly..... does he KNOW that hurt/offended/scared you?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my husband joined the army because I got pregnant. We were 15 and had to live apart, then with his mom, and then barely scraping by in our own apartment for a year until he was old enough and got in. It is hard but we are now 20yrs old, have two children, no debt and are doing more than just getting by and I am a stay at home mom right now. It is hard but if you are both willing to work, he can still join and yes, you can still have a great relationship and be happy! Just talk about it.
    coreym

Answer by coreym at 7:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010