• In the Spotlight:

Sometimes I say the most inappropriate thing I can think of....

I keep telling my son that he needs to do something about his ex-girl friend who just calls up for a booty call. (he is home from college as she is).. He keeps telling me "Awkward MOM, Awkward".. He doesn't like me saying stuff about the booty call.....
I am looking to find a staff, are you with me on this? I am the queen of inappropriate how about you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I can't wait to say those things to my boys!!!! :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I am like this too! I call it spontaneous!

Answer by older at 1:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• LOL kids dont want to hear their parents say that stuff. But I'm going to do it when mine are older
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Good I am glad I am in good company! Thanks ladies..
    mmmegan38

Comment by mmmegan38 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have two adult kids (out of 5) and I do the same sort of things lol. My daughter is 22 and her husband is out of work and I call him the house B- LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have 4 adults sons and we have a relationship where they don't find those types of conversations as awkrad or inapporpriate. We talk openly about things and if they have issues they know we are here to listen. My oldest son was in an abusive marriage for 3 years and he recently left and he met a girl and they moved a little faster than planned. He talked to me about it because he wasn't sure that it was a good idea, he worried it would put the relationship in jeopardy, etcc. (it did) and I listened to him. I didn't flinch because my 24yo was talking to me about sex....I knew he needed someone to listen to what he had on his mind. He didn't give me details or anything...it was a mature discussion.
    Anonymous

• i have five adult kids on daily base i make them say mom what where you thinking
    pay backs are bitch for all the time they have embarassed me ,they have this idea that we as parents don't have sex
    they all came veggie farm , so when we talk about it they plug their ears sing la la la
    when my parents talk about after we where all gone my mom call my her sex machine she was in her 8o's and dad was in his 90's
    yes i weird out but i moved on no big deal
    but i can not wait till they have kids and the same things happen to them la la la not hearing this lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My DH and I do that sort of thing all the time to our 2 kids (23 & 19). LOL As parents, are we or are we not suppose to make them somewhat embarassed over something? Our two have learned over time to just run with it. You can image what the conversations get like in our household when our son and his wife are home for a visit..... lol
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 4:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol how funny! I look forward to embarrassing my kids since they're masters at embarrassing me in all sorts of situations lol
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 9:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011