Sometimes I say the most inappropriate thing I can think of....

I keep telling my son that he needs to do something about his ex-girl friend who just calls up for a booty call. (he is home from college as she is).. He keeps telling me "Awkward MOM, Awkward".. He doesn't like me saying stuff about the booty call.....
I also tend to embarrass my husband and daughters too. I just can not stop my self. I am looking to find a staff, are you with me on this? I am the queen of inappropriate how about you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's all a matter of intent really. If you are just trying to get a point across, I don't think it is wrong. If your intent is to be outrageous and embarrass them then, yeah, that's a big problem that needs some counseling. I have caused embarrassment at times for my kids. My intent wasn't to hurt them..but to help them face the truth.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Welcome to the Tactless Club! I'm a proud member

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with how you are addressing that situation. One of my sons is 23 & that is what it seems like he does all of the time. It used to be that he wouldn't say anything to me about that kind of thing cause I was his Mom, then I told him look, I'm not as dumb as you think I am, I've been around & know what goes on, I'm sorry if it embarresses you, but I'm going to call it as I see it. Now he tells me about all of these girls that he would like to do certain things to & it embarresses me. My husband even says it's pretty bad even for a guy. If only there were a happy medium. Hope this helps you some.
    rdhdarmymomof3

Answer by rdhdarmymomof3 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• People call me the Queen of Swords for just that reason. I don't MEAN to sound tactless or even mean at times. I just think there are things that people NEED to hear and I'm not always the best at phrasing things politely.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i know what you mean but instead of embarrassing my 4 year old son i always end up doing it to my brothers or my friends.....i dont mean any harm what so ever,but im not the best person to talk to when it comes to saying things that sound perfect in my head but never come out the way i need/want them too......i think it runs in the family,my mom still does it,my 4 year old does it to me lol......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my mom loved to pull down ther jeans that my brother's friends would wear sagging so bad, that u se the underware or boxers. She didn't figure that she was embarrassing them by showing their under garments as they were already doing so. She although made it QUITE clear she didn't want the boys coming into her house looking like they lost 100lbs. She made good onm her threat anmd depant them. They soon stopped wearing their pants like that in her house!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010