When does your milk start coming in your breast?

BabyMommaPelt

Asked by BabyMommaPelt at 1:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 3-7 days after birth
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Colostrum starts being produced during pregnancy. You may or may not leak, and any amount of leakage, from none to tons, at any point during your pregnancy is completely normal and means nothing as far as breastfeeding goes. Colostrum will be all you get (and all baby needs) until a few days after birth, when your actual milk starts to come in.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• After birth?? Well what if you are planning on breast feeding your baby what are you going to do till that milk comes in?
    BabyMommaPelt

Comment by BabyMommaPelt (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Oh okay thank you, because I am planning on breast feeding and I was wondering when do I need to start getting those pads if I do leak
    BabyMommaPelt

Comment by BabyMommaPelt (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• the colostrum will be enough to feed your baby. The more your baby latches on the faster your milk will come in
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Oh okay, I understand!
    BabyMommaPelt

Comment by BabyMommaPelt (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Collostrum will nourish your baby until the milk comes in. It is highly nutritious and just what baby needs to help him/her to transition to your milk. They call it "liquid gold" in NICU because of how good it is
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I've heard that colostrum is a mixture of carbohydrates and stuff. so although it's not actual milk... it is food that your baby can eat and have energy, etc. I also heard that all babies are born with a full bellu.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hmmm thanks for all the info guys, it was much needed
    BabyMommaPelt

Comment by BabyMommaPelt (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I started leeking at about 4-5 months....DH would laugh at me because I would wake up with a huge wet spot where I was sleeping lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010