Assistance for parents of troops.

Does anyone know if there is any type of financial assistance to help with travel for parents of troops so that they can go to welcome them when they return from the war? My son is coming home from Iraq in a couple of days & would like to go greet him for my peace of mind to see that he is home safe & sound. He won't be able to come for a visit to his home of record until next March or April.

rdhdarmymomof3

Asked by rdhdarmymomof3 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Travel

• what kind of "assistance". financial, emotional....
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• financial, trying to get a plane ticket to go from NC to KS
    rdhdarmymomof3

Comment by rdhdarmymomof3 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can check with the family readiness group leader but I really doubt it. My parents had to do it all on their own. You can try putting a wish on wishuponahero (not sure if it's .com or .org) or asking family or friends for help. GL.
    Anonymous

• Don't think so.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well, was able to get ahold of my landlady & postpone paying my rent until the 7th, she has been so great to us in the almost 4 years we have been here. I booked a flight to Kansas City, MO for this evening & my wonderful daughter in law will be driving 2 hrs to pick me up. My son gets in tomorrow AM, can't wait to see him!!!!!! Only staying a day, so they can have their time, don't want to be a pesky Mom, just want to make sure my baby boy gets home safe & sound!!! They need to have their time to get reaquainted, wink wink!!! Thanks for all the help everyone, it gave me places to go, even though I didn't get answers in the short time period that I had, I will have them for future reference if anyone else needs them.
    rdhdarmymomof3

Comment by rdhdarmymomof3 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2010