What would you do if your husband kept doing this?

Getting traffic/speeding tickets! I'm not kidding, I'm at my wits end and so angry. In the past 12 months he has had 3 tickets THAT I KNOW OF. God knows if there have been more. One was for speeding on his motorcycle and cost us almost $600. Then he got a speeding ticket this month in his car which was almost $400. I just got a ticket in the mail for almost $900 but it doesn't say for what and he never told me about it.
I am furious. I don't know what to do. He's like a child that needs his license taken away. He's obviously reckless and doesn't learn. Yelling doesn't help, being understanding doesn't help. I don't even know how to handle this stupidity anymore. To see all that money get shit away makes me so angry!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• He's gonna get his license taken away soon and he wont be able to drive at all. Nothing else you can do
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would let him know next time he gets a ticket he is taking on a second job to pay for it. Let him know you and the kids will not be inconvenienced by his immaturity. I would also question his judgement and probably would not let the kids ride alone with him in the car. He clearly is a moron.
    Anonymous

• Take him off the insurance, take away his license and then the car keys. Just like you would a teen who gets a speeding ticket. Make him take the bus or a cab or whatever until he realizes that a license is a privilage cause he odviously didn't learn it the first time at home.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You should be able to go on line and find out what the $900 ticket is for. He is a danger and I imagine your insurance has sky rocketed as well. I am surprised he has not been dropped. How old is he? I have no solution, but his license probably be taken away shortly.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Lol, I wish I could get mad at the moron comment but you're right! He's a freaking moron who won't learn his lesson.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He will eventually get his license suspended by the state.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If it were me I'd tell him that if he does not stop acting like a moron and getting tickets He WILL get his license taken away, and then what will HE do? I would let him know that if that happens HE will have to find his own way to/from work, (like walk or take the bus) as I will NOT re-arrange my life and be his chauffeur. If he is going to be stupid enough to loose his license then he needs to find his own transportation. I should not be put out due to his stupidity. I would also ask him how he plans to pay for all these tickets? If he is going to rack up fines then HE should get a 2nd job to pay for his fines.... instead of taking $ out of the household budget (that needs to be used on real bills, kids, groceries...).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Where can I see what the citation on for on the web? I can look up the ticket but it doesn't state what it's for.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Ok I'll admit I speed in my Mini Cooper S. But, I pay attention and look for cops. If he's not looking for cops, he's NOT looking for other hazards either and it's just a matter of time before he gets into an accident. You could be left widowed or worse, he could kill someone else.
    I'm really sorry but I have no advice to offer other than make sure he's well insured.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• There is nothing you can do... even if he gets his license taken away he is probably one of those men with pride and ego.. and will continue to drive with no license. Sorry you have a man that has a led foot!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010