Just took a test and it is positive. How to tell the hubby?????

I am 33 and he is 41 and we have a 5 year old. This wasn't really in our plans. My husband didn't want anymore and I would be happy either way. So i don't know if he will be thrilled. How to tell him? I want to call him at work (he works with family) or should I wait until he gets home. I am suppose to be leaving as soon as he gets home for a dinner night with girlfriends! Which I may be leaving early enough to where I have to drop her off at his office! So nervous right now.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you wait another day? Tomorrow night give your 5yo an early dinner and put them in their room to play or in front of the tv or something while you have a nice dinner waiting for DH. Maybe have a package nicely wrapped sitting at his place that contains something like a diaper or a baby bonnet, baby toy keys, or something along those lines and see if he catches on when he opens it. Say something like, " I know this isn't what we planned but..... surprise!"
    Anonymous

• If he didn't want anymore, he should have gotten fixed or tried to be more careful.. things happen.. I would wait until he gets home. Then just tell him.. remember although you might be happy/nervous about this, it could upset him so let him know first that you do plan on making this work so you need some supportive words..good luck and congrats
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would wait until you don't have such a crazy night.. I really like the idea the first Anon gave
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i would tell him at home as soon as possible
    jess222011

Answer by jess222011 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Be sensitive to his feelings and wait until there is privacy for the two of you-I would wait until you are alone together. The best part of having a child is doing it together, express your interest in your 5 year old having a sibling and reassure him of future plans with children. Make sure to check your expectations at the door and be prepared for joy or disappointment-assure him of your respect for him and the future plans you would like to see for your second child. I would tell your husband as soon as possible as it will be dwelling in your mind and you will have difficulty having fun with your friends.
    Congrats and Blessings!
    LizP0727

Answer by LizP0727 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would give him a card. Just write a little note in it. Somethings arent planned but thats what makes them blessings :). Congrats!
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 2:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010