Longing for a baby boy...

Mothers,
My husband had a daughter when we were first married and we recently found out that we are expecting another girl (my first!!). Although we are thrilled to be having this child, we both long for a boy and I have to admit I am concerned that my husband has only been able to conceive girls. Have any of you had any success with the so-called sex selection techniques like the Shettles method? If so, can you recommend a certain technique/method or book to read? I have read about IVF in this instance as well, but I am concerned with the cost...if any of you have tried this-was it worth it, was it reliable?
I long to put my mind at rest to focus on our little girl and just want to know what is out there to help guarantee a little boy our second time around.
Any suggestions, information or personal experiences would be very helpful and much appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm the opposite. I desperately long for a girl but have 2 boys.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Any thoughts or suggestions on how you conceived your two boys?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have heard good things about the Shettles methods and many of my friends have used it with success. Keep in mind, that it might take longer to conceive and it's not fool proof.
    The IVF with PGD is much more reliable but costs $5000 PLUS the cost of the IVF
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010