possible eye infection

My 6 month old has had a stubborn clogged tear duct since he was a newborn. He woke up today and the white part of his eye (closest to the duct) is red. He doesn't seem to be running a fever and he doesn't seem bothered by it. The Naval Hospital doesn't have any appointments today. They told me to either take him to the ER today or I could try calling early in the morning tomorrow for an appointment. I'm not sure if it's urgent enough to sit in the ER waiting room for 5 hours for or if it can wait until tomorrow. What would you do?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That happened to my daughter keep puting wet warm wash cloth in it. Hopfully it's just cloged..My daughters eye was so swollen shut, they told me to do that and it just drained on it's own
    griswold20

Answer by griswold20 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010