Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors?

How do you clean your laminate wood floors?

We just 2 months ago replaced all the carpet in our home with laminate floors due to our son's allergies, and I had a hysterectomy in the spring (an now every time I do the floors my back really hurts horribly). Currently I sweep the floors, then go back over them with the swiffer, then polish them.

Is there a better way?

Miracle_pg

Asked by Miracle_pg at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• What do u polish them with? Did u see a doctor about your back? Has it been hurting since your hysterectomy? Why did u have that surgery?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I bought some Bruce hardwood & laminate flooring cleaning spray from Lowes. I sweep and vacuum and then spray that on the floors and I use a dust mop with a microfiber rag on the bottom.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Laminate floors do not need to be polished.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I vacuum mine and then 'mop' with my Shark steam cleaner that I LOVE! It just uses water, you throw the pads in the washer to clean and it does a great job; better than anything else I had used. Well worth it :)
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 2:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• vacuum and then steam mop.

if i feel i need to give the floors a good cleaning, i will put a little vinegar in a bucket of water, and wash the floors by hand. i do my wood tile and laminates that way.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was advised not to use much water on them. Mine buckled a few months after installation, and I had never used anything except a Swiffer mop, but DuPont's person came out and ran around with some kind of meter and said I had been using too much water, so they wouldn't repair/replace them. They said to only dry mop them and just spot clean with a barely dampened cloth.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010