Diaper rash?

I posted about this before. my daughter just turned 1 today she has had a rash for months and i took her to the hospital the 22nd and they said she had a UTI and that the rash could be caused by the PH level in her pee being too high. So they said with the antibiotic that they were putting her on for the UTI that the rash would go away it went away 2 days later but now it is back worse than ever. I have tried aquaphor,desitin, baking soda in the bath, pink salve, not giving her bubble baths anymore changed diapers and wipes,let her run around with no diaper.when i take her the doctor they just keep saying to put desitin and stuff on her but nothings helping.

deliamomma09

Asked by deliamomma09 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a diaper rash cream that works it costs about $6.00. It is called DRC.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Anything with Zinc ALWAYS made my sons rash worse. We used the Clear A&D
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My daughter had a horrible diaper rash when she was a new born. the only thing that worked was Balmex.I put a thick layer of it on and it went away within 4days ( this was a rash that was starting to bleed and that stuff worked) My #1 diaper cream. Or butt paste works great too.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I use A&D Ointment (not the white cream) and powder with cornstarch. Use warm washcloth instead of wipes. Oatmeal bath treatment (you can find this at Walmart in the grown-up bath section of the pharmacy). Frequent diaper checks and change as soon as she is wet or dirty. I hope this helps!!
    DebHart71

Answer by DebHart71 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010