Does anyone else feel like there is not enough time to spend with each child?

I have a 4 1/2 yr old son and I just had my second son almost 2 months ago. Sometimes I feel like my oldest doesn't get enough of my attention. I'm still getting used to having 2 and there are some days I don't even get out of the house, let alone my PJs. I feel like all I do is yell at my oldest and I feel incredibly guilty and sad. This is also the last year for him to be at home. Fall 2009 he starts all day Kindergarten. Am I alone or does anyone feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes i do for sure. My daughter is 6 and my son is 3. So i feel like they're both competing for my attention at times! But all u can really do is set a certain time with each one and eventually it all pans out. good luck!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 12:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You feel that way even stronger when you are a single working mom..
    so if you are a sahm consider yourself lucky!! ::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• aw =( I know how you feel. My only son will have a sibling here soon and some days when we're rushing to school I bark commands and rush...then when I look at him waving at me and walking to class I feel so sad that I didn't take my time enjoying breakfast with him and just enjoying his little voice while he's still my little guy...I'm crying now, so yea, make a point to appreciate the older one and put all your relaxing time aside to enjoy them..I don't think any mom has ever regretted spending too much time with their little ones and too little time relaxing.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Going from one child to two was a really hard transition for me also, I was constantly yelling at the older one and feeling very overwhelmed and sad. This did not pass, it lasted for 2 years before I finally got some help. I had a hormonal imbalance that was causing me to feel this way, my ob put me on estrogen and things finally fell into place and we could enjoy each other. If you feel like maybe the way you are feeling is not quite normal talk to you OB and make sure you are ok then go from there. We just had our third child 5 weeks ago and all is well except for the sleep deprivation, juggling three is a task but two for me was alot harder. good luck to you and your family. Also I was not trying to imply that something is wrong with you, I just know how it was for me and I did not realize anything was wrong with me until it got so out of control, that is just my situation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2008