do you still feed your 5 month old when he wakes up at night?

My 5 month old has a bad sleeping schedule. He goes to sleep at 6 in the evening and sleep until midnight then wakes up and then sleeps again until about 4am. He wakes up and cries non stop so I feed him because he doesn't go back to sleep he just cries until I feed him. Are you still feeding your 5 month old at night? Can anyone give me advice to get him more on my sleeping schedule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, a 5 month old still needs to be fed at night! I nursed mine at night until about 15 months.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can't get him on your sleeping schedule. My advice is for you to get on his until it normalizes. That may not be until he is more than a year old.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my middle child went through a phase between 4 months to maybe 8 or 9 where she would wake up once, sometimes twice to eat at night. she slept 12 hours through the night til 4 months and like a lightswitch she'd start waking up hungry all the sudden. it only lasted a few months and then she went back to sleeping all night. i fed her too because after i exhausted all of my other options (rocking, walking, talking, etc) she was still unhappy and the bottle was all she wanted. what you could do though is try and extend his bedtime a little later by shortening his daytime naps. if he sleeps a little less during the day and goes to bed a little later he might sleep longer at night,.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes, my son is 8 months old, and he still wakes up for one bottle a night!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I fed my child through the night until about 12 months. A five month old still needs some nourishment and comfort at night. hang in there!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My6 month old is the size of a 1yr old and has been for a couple months so the doc told me to start weaning him of night time feedings. He seems to be fine with this.. only wakes up once and I feed him then he's good until morning.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• both my boys night ate atleast oncew a night till around 9 months...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 2:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If he's waking up to eat, feed him. He is still a tiny infant and needs to be fed on demand.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I still give my 15 month old 4 or 5 oz in the middle of the night.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Feed the child and forget the schedule. Part of parenthood they forget to tell you is that your little baby has independent needs and wants and it is your job to figure them out and answer to them. When he gets a older, you start to mold his day around what the rest of the family has for a schedule. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010