Just found out that I am pregnant & haveing some itching?

Could I have a yeast infection? If so, can I treat it over the counter or doI need to see a Dr? I haven't even been to the Dr. for a urine test yet.

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would talk to the dr about it.

Answer by Snewo at 2:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would get checked out first to make sure it is a yeast infection. But you can use garlic cloves if it is. For 3 nights use a garlic clove in that area. Put it in at night and take it out in the morning. I always thread a thread through it. So I can easily get it out.

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's common during pregnancy to have yeast infections, your hormones are crazy, things are changing and sometimes out of whack. Talk to your doctor first, make sure that it is a yeast infection, and they will usually tell you which course of treatment is the best for pregnancy, i.e. 7 day, 5 day, 3 day or 1 day.

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Make an appointment and get it tested first. Then the dr. can tell you what to use from there. Sometimes they have a cream you can use.

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 2:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Over-the-counter yeast infection treatments are safe to use while you're pregnant. If the doctor can't see you right away, it can't hurt to go ahead and treat it (and it won't hurt your baby either)

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 3:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i had crazy leg itching when i was like ummm 6 weeks preg i think it drove me freaking nuts totaly different than u but i felt i had to add my terror story :)

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010