Does anyone have a good treatment for cradle cap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cradle cap is typically caused by residue so dont try to moisturize it ioff with lotion!!!! I did. What ended up working was a good wash followed by alot of fresh warm water to make sure every single bubble of soap was gone. I then put a tiny bit of baby oil (unscented only) on to an infant brush and gently braush her scalp with it. Last I take a clean towel and massage the area to get rid of excess baby oil. She smells great and the cradle cap is gone!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• olive oil
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 1:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• put a&d ointment on their head(you can get walmart brand) and let it sit about 30- 60 min depending on how bad it is and comb their head with a fine tooth comb.then wash their hair. a&d also helps to heal it if its to the point of little scabs
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• In the hospital we use olive oil on the babys heads... let it soak and then comb out the scales, and then wash.

Someone I know was told by the doctor to use Head and Shoulders, let it sit a couple of mins and then rinse it out... but her baby had it really bad.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Believe it or not the olive oil! Just massage a little onto a clean scalp. I would only use Johnson & Johnsons baby shampoo, it's got the perfect ph balance. My ped actually told me that one, I thought it was just hype, but it's the best stuff for baby's scalp.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Olive oil works really well, just make sure you get all of the oil off the scalp when you are done though because the residue can make it worse. My son had a very resistant case and my doctor told me to use a little bit of Head and Shoulders shampoo on him. I didn't like that idea, but it did come from the doctor so, you might want to try it.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes put baby oil on your baby's head and come it with a fine tooth comb it will scrape it all of with out hurting your baby

Anonymous

• When you bath them soak head in water. Meaning let them be in the water for a while constantly geting head wet. Have a comb with you. Put a ton of soap on there head and start combing. Comb in circles, backwards, forwards ect. You will have to do this a few times buring first bath and a few the second and maybe the third. Do this for a week or so and randome after that. You will be good to go. Good Luck!
    beckyla80

Answer by beckyla80 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My little girl had it when she was a baby and I just had a semi stiff baby brush and id put the shmapoo in her hair and scrub her head with that it took a few weeks for it to go away but then it was all gone and never came back!!! Also make sure you never leave any soap what so ever on their little heads!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• baby oil. let it sit, and use one of those brushes that are soft bristled, and brush it out in a rotating motion, or use a q-tip in a rotatiing motion.
    FreshEG

Answer by FreshEG at 3:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008