My hubby is making me feel really uncomfortable

I am Christian, I don't belong to any 1 church though. I've been searching for the right religion for me, but when it comes down to it I KNOW that I believe in Jesus Christ and 1 God. Anyways, my dh used to feel the same way, he even went to our local Pentecostal church and was baptized for the very 1st time in his life. I supported him fully, I even went to church with him on Sundays and watched him tear up as he felt the Holy Spirit. Well, that has all changed now.

My dh has started watching that show, "Ancient Aliens" and now he is obsessed. The man genuinely believes with all of his heart that God is an alien, that there isn't just 1 God that created everything, that aliens just did it. He believes that an alien impregnated the virgin Mary and that Jesus was a demi-God. The great flood, basically everything in the Holy Bible was caused by aliens he thinks. He is so into this now and begs me to watch the program with him. It's not just like watching a show for him though, it's like he's going to church or something and it makes me uncomfortable.

Last night he told me that in 2012 aliens are going to show themselves and destroy the Earth because "Ancient Aliens" told him so. He asked me what I'll do when that happens and I replied, "Hold my children and pray to God. I believe with all of my being in God and I can't just give up my faith, sorry." He still is trying to convert me though, this just makes him so excited. I'm trying to leave him be and not say anything about it but honestly I don't like this at all. I don't know why but I thought I married a Christian man and he just stopped believing in God because of a TV program. He says that the show proves that he's right, but every time I watch with him I feel terrible anxiety pains. He's not telling our kids about it (we feel that they should choose their own path/beliefs), but I don't want to convert. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Get the book the "Power of a praying wife" and keep praying to God that he will turn your husband back to him. Dont hound your husband but pray with all your might that your hubby heart will change.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• As a person who does not have a specific religion it is hard to say that who you thought you were with is no longer. Maybe you should find things that once made him interested in Christianity in the first place. Your negative attitude toward it (the alien theory)might be fueling whatever he is doing.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 2:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We are all entitled to our own beliefs... tell him you won't push yours on him if he won't push his on you. It has to be about mutual respect.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• your husband needs medacation....
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Pray, enlist other to pray, talk to a local pastor, talk to Christan family, members, heck I'll lift u in prayer now.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The Power of a Praying Wife is an AMAZING book! I guess for me I would be so upset at my husband for pushing me to watch something I didn't like or believe in. I've never watched that show so I know nothing about it but I think you might need to spend some time in prayer and ask God to help you with this situation.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 2:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Your husband sounds mentally ill try to get him some help.
    Anonymous

• I don't want to force him to be a Christian, this is just too much for me right now I think. I mean come on, the man woke up one day and decided that going to church is watching "Ancient Aliens" and that everything I hold dear is just a bunch of ET's. I do feel kind-of embarrassed too, he tells everyone about this, he truly believes this to be fact.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i agree with crafty on this one
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 3:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Has he ever been extreme in other beliefs like. My ex was like this and he would be really extreme about stuff, but he also suffered from depression. Turns out he was bipolar..but he had other issues besides alien stuff lol just throwing it out there since someone said he may have mental illness. He could just believe in this...but if he has other issues it could be a sign more is going on.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010