How many times a day should i be working out

I want to workout more than once a day.and i want to know how long should your warmups be.and should i do 30 mins aday or 60mins or 45mins aday

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• warm up for 10 to 15 mins and work out for 30 tho 45 and the cool down for 15 you can do it 2 or 3 times a day...
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well, I do a 5 minute warm up on the treadmill. And then I do cardio for 30-45 minutes w/a 2 minute cooldown. And then weights for 30 minutes. I go once a day 4-5 days a week.
    I guess it depends on how much time you have. I personally only have that time in the A.M. to work out.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't think you can get a good answer to this question unless the person answering knows your goals and current fitness situation. I'd say that it is unusual to need to work out more than once a day, but again, I don't know your goals and your current situation. Wish you luck though! I finally hit a very long term goal in November and I have managed to keep it through the holidays, so anything is possible :)
    b_Jessica

Answer by b_Jessica at 3:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I go to the gym 6 mornings a week but then 4 nights a week also when I take an hour long spinning class. so I work out 1-2 hours a day...and if you are motivated enough you can too
    mamamissy23

Answer by mamamissy23 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I work out every morning weekdays and Saturdays I walk long distances. My workouts are 45 to 60 minutes long, alternating muscle groups.

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 30 to 45 minutes is good.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I do 30 minutes in the AM and 30 minutes in the PM.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You shouldn't really need to work out more than once per day, however some people, as they get more active, will work out 2 to 3 times per day. Work your way up to that, though...you don't want to overdo it!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011