Daugher wakes up every morning and goes upstairs to wake her brothers up....

She goes upstairs and wakes them up...sometimes as early as 4am. My little guys don't even start to talk in the morning until 7ish.
We've literally done everything besides total lock down of the upstairs to her.
I want to be able to stop this without having to constantly putting gates up!
We've put her in time out, we've talked with her, we've explained, we've put her back in bed....we've banned her from the upstairs all together....nothing has worked.
I don't even realize she's up there until the light is on (fulling waking them up) and she's running and screaming.
I'm at my wits end. Any ideas????

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 3:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I suggest buying her a clock and teaching her what time is OK to go up to get her brothers. They have very simple ones, even special ones you can set for a certain time so they can look and tell its time to get up. If she continues to wake up others in the house before she should maybe find a way to punish her, and when she does as she is supposed to reward her. I am guessing your child is old enough to understand. If she is under 4 she probably doesnt grasp the concept IMO.
    Supermama323

Answer by Supermama323 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ?
    Anonymous

• How old is she? How old are the boys?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• She's 3 1/2 and they'll be 2 years next month.
    We have trouble getting them down at night, and so, for her to go up into their room, turn the lights on and start making all sorts of noise is very hard to take at 4am. If it was time to get up for them or any of us, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. She's even gone up and woken them in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I'm talking 1-2am. Just because she's up, she thinks they should too....
    Any suggestions?
    CABlonde

Comment by CABlonde (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010