Baby shower for my 2nd baby?

I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child - my first child was born 13 years ago when I was 17 yrs old. I have been married to a wonderful man for the last 8 years! As stated before we are currently expecting our 1st child together. I would like to know if it is ok to have a baby shower for this baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think this would be totally fine! There is a big gap between your kids and a lot has changed since 13-years ago. Good luck!

tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes. I've had 1 for all my 3 kids, and another baby shower soon for my baby on the way..
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think so. If anyone opposes you could have a diaper party but I doubt anyone's gonna complain, congrats!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes of course!!! Its always fun to have a party for a new bundle of joy!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• of course it is! you haven't had a baby in 13 years lol there's got to be so much stuff you're going to need. i see nothing at all wrong with having another baby shower, and most likely since it's been so long the excitement of a new baby coming will cause someone else in your family to throw it for you. but even if you do it, it's been such a long time. both you and the baby deserve to be showered :) congrats!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Congrats!!! Family and friends will prolly be thrilled to throw you a party.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Absolutely!! And congrats!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• yes, you should celebrate each baby in my opinion.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Oh, yes!! My kids were 10 years apart and no one questioned me having a second one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thank you everyone for the kind words and advise! I have been reading info on google they all say it is selfish to have a baby shower after baby number 1. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010