What are some table foods I can give me finicky almost one-year old?

My son will only eat cheerios and Gerber Puffs as table food. He eats every kind of fruit and vegetable, but only if its pureed. He also eats yogurt and cereal. His diet is very balanced and healthy, but I would like for him to start feeding himself more regularly, but he only wants to feed himself cheerios. Should I keep placing other things with the cheerios and just wait until he grabs it or is there some kind of table food I am missing that all kids love? Thanks for your help!

tarakenyon06

Asked by tarakenyon06 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mac n cheese was my first try at table food with my preemie grandson when he was ready for solids. He is 5 yrs old now and this is still his favorite food and especially when he is sick.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My kids loved beans - green beans, crowder peas, lima beans, etc.

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• lol i have the opposite problem with my 11 month old, she eats her fruits and vegetables but only in their regular form. she gave up on pureed foods about 4 months ago!

i bought her one of those chewy things that kind of look like pacifiers but the suck part is a fine netting, and you can stick virtually any fruit or vegetable inside it. my 11 month old is able to eat whole grapes out of this thing, because she gets no part of the skin. i also put bananas in it. but you can put cooked carrots, peas, anything in it. however i let her eat peas right off her tray and she loves them. they say babies love feeding themselves beans, like cooked kidney beans. i get a boatload of them on wic but i havent tried giving them to her yet. she likes to feed herself gerber crunchies, they're like the same concept of a cheeto but with whole grain and much healthier. everything else is small portions of what we eat for all 3 meals.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=37

this is a link to the thing im talking about. you can read more about what kinds of things you can put in it

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010