Who makes more?

Ok I had to rephrase this question: What do you think the average yearly income your friends make? I am not asking if you ever asked them...I am not saying that!!!! Just in general what do you think they make?

I think the highest anyone from my facebook friends would be $16.75 an hour and I'm really stretching it. Most people I know are medical assistents/dental assistent/pharm tech and work as a scheduler or patient rep in a hospital. A majority of my friends just have certificates in there field. A few have a B.A. 1 has a Associates but works two medium pay jobs. And the rest have no college education.

reason I ask because I see in NY they are paying folks up to $18 an hour to shovel snow. I know no one I know makes that much lol I'm wondering if I think people make less than what they like others to think....

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 3:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Where do you live, just curious? I know that from state to state what seems like a lot to someone isn't a lot to someone else.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• genagina... I was wondering the same. I think the majoity of people I know may MUCH more than $17 an hour.. that is only $34,000 a year
    Anonymous

• I went to school w/ a girl who's now a professional company dancer. I wonder how much they make?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• WOW more than $17...well im 27 so my friends would be in that age group. I really doubt any of my friends make over $17 an hour. They would need to have a B.A.. most just have a certificate or worked there way up...no real professionals.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• at 27 my hub was making $70,000. I dont think that "27 is the age group to make that" I think it is that your group didnt go to college.

I think you need to rephrase the question.  Of your friends who didnt go on to college... what is the most someone makes.  I think you will get a skewed answer by simply asking about the people we went to high school with.

Not trying to be rude.... Just trying to help answer your question in a more realistic manor.

Anonymous

• Well no I am considering the onces that did get a certificate. I think the highest they can make is $16.75 and that is a big strech. Let's say out of 10 friends...3 will have certificates, 2 will have B.A., 1 will have associate, 3 h.s. diplomia, 1 ged/nothing. I swear to you no one I know makes 70G a year wow no one and I am being brutally honest.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I only did a semester of college. I do not hold any certificates. I live in indiana and I make $17/hour which is pretty good money here, but to ppl in CA and other states it's not.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• @genia...you got lucky
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• where do you live???
    Anonymous

• MI...$8 bucks is probally a lot to us LMAO
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010