Did you use a Midwife?

Why?
how did it go?
Did you have a homebirth / birth center birth or hospital birth?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 3:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I am well-informed (not to boast, lol!) and aware of my options. I know that a midwife will provide better services and I will have a safer outcome with my normal-healthy pregnancies.

I had great experiences.
    It was my midwife's passion to make sure I had as much information as she did. That I was as close to a midwife myself, as I could be through my maternity care with her.
    I had one - two hour long prenatal appointments each visit to ensure we covered allll my questions and concerns. I was educated on prevention of complications, etc.

I used a freestanding (water) birth center for my deliveries.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i did with my first and second. because i was young, broke, and went to the free clinic and they offer midwives. but im so glad it happened that way, because i learned in my 3rd pregnancy (when i had insurance and an ob surgeon) how awesome midwives are! all of my children were born in hospitals, both the ones delivered by midwives and the one delivered by the ob surgeon.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes I did with my first and third. With my first I had her at a Free standing birth center. It was so a wonderful birth. My third we had her at home. That was the best birth I had. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I wanted a natural birth and not interfered with lots of things that Dr do. With my second it sure proved to me why to never have a Dr and hospital birth for me. It was the worst experience.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I did use a midwife when my son was born. She was wonderful with me! She was with me at the hospital the entire time, and delivering my son was a wonderful experience!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I used a midwife loved her to death I think they should get paid as much as the deliver doctors.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 5:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• There weren't any avaliable with my first 2 but I am using a midwife with my 3rd. I would NEVER use an OBGYN if there was the option of a midwife. Midwives have better outcomes and you get more "bang for your buck."
    Anonymous

• I love my midwife. I had a obgyn for my first and by far prefer my midwife. I will be having a hospital birth, but it will still be a water birth. Best of both worlds :)
    mrskruzan319

Answer by mrskruzan319 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010