credit

Have you had late medical bills, go to collections and then you personally found that it's effected your credit?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 4:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope. They've threatened to go to collections (I was fighting with the insurance company at the time) but we got it paid before it went to collections and before it affected my credit score.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• yup
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Everything late effects your credit. Just getting over the damage I did a few years back.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yeah and it PISSED me off!
    In 2008 i had some medical issues. Diverticulitis to be exact (colon inflamation/infection) Had 1 trip to the ER (I NEVER go to the ER), 1 week hosp stay and then surgery all in about 3 months. Well you get 9 million bills for that many trips and i paid a TON of them plus all my copays and deducs. Went to buy a car a few months ago and they turned me down for 2 medical bills from 2008!
    I was so damn furious. Hell i didnt even know they were there. And not only that but they had them labeled as "revolving" accounts and not medical bills so now Im fighting that. It sucks because my credit is otherwise spotless!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Everything late affects your credit...even medical bills.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes, I still haven't paid them.LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No. If you call them in advance and set up a payment plan, they won't take you to collections.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010