• In the Spotlight:

not a debate, per se but nowhere else appropriate to ask (abortion related)

when you read the abortion debates on here (esp. the moms who "just weren't quite ready" or "already had too many kids" or "it was from a 1 night stand") do you even cringe and think to yourself I wish I'd known you or known of you, I'd have given that kid a wonderful life? ... or my sister could have, my Mom would have, etc etc.... ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I just wish they wouldnt be so flippant as to what an abortion actually is.

Anonymous

• Yeah I do.... I feel sorry for them too, I don't believe in abortion but I believe that many people are uneducated and don't know what else to do... (and I still think that other question is a troll, but could be wrong).

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, not really. I believe in freedom of choice, so if that's what they wanted, that's what they wanted.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• my teeth cringe my body shakes I just get so angry!!!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• When it comes to the abortion topic, I always look at it like this: I don't know what it's like to walk in that woman's shoes, so I can't presume to know how or why she makes the decisions she does. It would never be my choice, but I can only decide for myself.

Sure, there is always someone who would feel like they'd take in that baby, but look at how many kids that have been sitting around for years in hopes of being adopted. You could always take one of them and give them the wonderful life they only dream of, or your mom, or your sister. Just saying.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No. I think it's not my place to judge. The only thing I cringe about is how people who are so against abortion seem to think those who have one are uneducated or whatever the judgment is and that they could just step in and make it all better. The truth is you have no idea what is going on in everyone else's life.
    Anonymous

• No, anon, the truth is that people are killing their unborn babies because their lives might be inconvenience for the nine whole months it takes to carry that baby to term. To the original poster, yes, it turns my stomach to think that so many people are so carefree with the lives of these children. There are many, many people out there who would raise that child in a loving home, but we are in a "me" centered society where too many times people fail to see the big picture. As for the number of kids waiting to be adopted, maybe if people did not have to jump through hoops for years in order to adopt a child there would not be so many. We had my little brother for 5 1/2 years in foster care before my parents were able to adopt him - and his mother tried to kill him at least 3 times in the first 3 months of his life and his father was a child molester. If you ask me the system is flawed.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Who are we to judge anyone? Having an abortion is their choice we have no right to pass judgment on those who choose to do it I'am all for it if it means less kids sitting in group homes for years hoping to get adopted i can go on and on but like i said who are we to pass judement on anyone?
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I can't stand to hear the ladies that are so selfish that they can't look beyond what is convenient for them. And then I think how I would love to take any little ones that they do not. My husband and I are very fertile but I would love to adopt but it is so expensive. So until the military allows us to be in one place for a long period of time then we can perhaps look into adopting through foster care. But I would take any little one is a second.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No. I believe in a woman's right to choose. I don't judge anyone for choosing to have an abortion.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010