how do i move my baby outa my ribs...?

he likes to sit right there and i cant get comfy at all... any advise

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 1:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My babies both sat really high like your saying. What worked for me was getting onto all fours and kindof moving back & forth. It floated them down a bit so it was easier to breath! Hope this works! Good luck!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 2:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• How far along are you?

Babies go where they want, there is no turning them ...Unless you drink some fruit juice and lay on your left side for a little bit,...and hope like heck he turns haha...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have the same problem except for my baby won't leave my pelvic area and is getting too big to be there. The nurse told me just to lightly push where the baby is and the baby might get mad and move but she told me that the baby would probably go right back.
    mommyofkyra

Answer by mommyofkyra at 1:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have the same problem my son loves to sit low in my pelvic area and is starting to cause my tailbone to hurt badly. I would just try to push lightly on the area and downward in hopes that the baby moves. I know my doctor told me to do the raising of the back like a cat on all fours to get my baby off my pelvic area.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 1:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i am a sloucher and i've had to stop because the baby goes up under my ribs and wont move for days. if he kicks especially painful on my ribs i usually try to push him down a little or lie on my opposite side to make him move but it doesnt always work
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Moving your body around can sometimes help, though if he really likes it there he just might stay! My guy stayed high until about five minutes before he came out, and it was not fun! It didn't really bug me until the end, though, when it was "Get this baby out now or you're having a c-section." Good luck to you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• lol try jumping up and down. it worked once for me.
    MichasMom09

Answer by MichasMom09 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008