Is adopting the right thing for me

My husband and i have been trying to concieve for over a year with a second child. We have had two miscarriages. I am wanting anotyher child to care for. Should we go for adoption?

jamesmomma10

Asked by jamesmomma10 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Adoption

• If you have the room in your home as well as in your heart, then I would say go for it.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well you could certainly head to the doctors and perhaps find some medical answers but adopting is a great option. Expensive but worth it, my husband I hope to adopt a couple little ones one day.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds like it would be good for you. Maybe even quit trying for 3-6 months. I have a close friend who tried for over 3 years. She gave up and decided to adopt. After she got rid of the stress part of TTC. She got pregnant. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I say go for it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think you should definitely give it more time, don't just adopt because you are tired of trying. You should see a DR to see if there is a reason why you aren't conceiving yet, and see if there is something to help you conceive. Then, you should educate yourself on adoption, it's not like buying a new pet, it is a roller coaster ride that can take years!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I believe if you have the heart, Fianaces, and Love to give to a child then yes. As you know it takes a lot to raise a child. My only opion from someone he got attached to two beautiful boys that i was raising for a year, then the parents came got. Make sure you have something in writing from the begining to protect yourself. If not they can come back anytime for any reason and take the child. Then there will be nothing you can do. Believe me I was heartbroken. I went from not being a mom to Mommy over night and year later mommy to no mommy
    jenny1977j

Answer by jenny1977j at 6:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• One year is really not a lot of time. Adoption may take at least another year and is a ton of work, money and emotions.
    I would think about it.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Only if you have the unconditional love it takes and all children adopted or not deserve.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 8:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011