What is this Pain in my Sternum?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and for the past month my sternum has been pretty tender and felt like its been sun-burnt.  I have been wearing a sports bra for the past week thinking this would take pressure off of it but its now just to sensitive.  I went to work bra-less =0/  I wore a few layers so I don't think anyone would notice.

My midwife said that my ribs are moving to make room for baby.  I just dont want to feel this for two more months!  

Anyone heard of others pregnant feeling the same thing?  Ideas to make it feel better?  I thought of a cold press since the location is hot to the touch.

SupriseImPregy

Asked by SupriseImPregy at 4:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree 100% about the ribs. My 2nd child was high up and it hurt so, so badly. Eventually I had breathing trouble and would pass out occasionally. I had no idea babies could go so high, the uterus is so LOW!!!!! I am not sure there's a lot you can do, sadly..... if you find something to make the baby move back down do it, a lot! a warm bath, a long walk, spicy food, etc. figure out what makes her/him scoot out of rib range by changing positions a lot. my daughter was born via c-section and was SO high up by ribs that 2 vacuums were needed to pull her down and out since they were pulling manually so hard they feared they'd injure her. good luck, and hope u find something to ease the pain
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had this problem it does ease ,but i would lay on my back and try a back bend sort of to help the pressure of the baby 's position this worked for a while.Yes as they say i have felt your pain,sorry i know it so uncomfortable.But when the baby drops for birth hopefully this will help.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010