my 14 yr old daughter wants to have a baby so bad what can i do to change her mind about having a baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Find someone you know that has one and have her stay a week with them to care solely for the child. See how much she likes it then! Show her videos, take her to daycare centers, etc. Sounds like she still think of having kids like having baby dolls. It's all fun and cute to dress them up but sleepless nights, throw up, poop coming out the back of the diaper, not being able to go anyplace alone, etc are no fun. Give her a dose of reality.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Babysitting changed my daughter's mind - or at least made her really think about the best time to have a child. She has been babysitting the same family for a few years, and now they are up to three kids so it's great experience, and she is rewarded with a little spending money. Maybe get her a puppy!!!!
    IndyDependent

Answer by IndyDependent at 1:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You could have her babysit some kids (especially a bad one). Or you could rent one of those dolls so it's like a real baby and it'll wake her up in the middle of the night.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i like the puppy idea. make her pay for it everything.don help her. if she neglects it then say to her what if that was YOUR BABY
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• show her a natural childbirth video.
    hunters_mom820

• Tell her everything about what it's like from the pregnancy, to giving birth(so painful), and motherhood. Tell about all the worries there are with being a mom and caring for a helpless baby.
    Because there are tons such as SIDS, RSV, asperating on milk, ect...
    Then worries during pregnancy: Anemia, stillbirth, gestational diabetes, c section, ect......
    That whole list and maybe it will scare her enough to reconsider.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Tell her the TRUTH about babies.

1. Childbirth HURTS.

2. Breastfeeding HURTS. (And no, you won't let her use formula...why make it any easier?)

3. She won't ever get a full night's sleep again, until she DIES. It's part of the mom gig.

4. She won't be able to spend time with her friends any more because she'll be taking care of the baby.

5. Children hate their moms at least ten times a day. If they don't, mom's not doing her job. Is she ready to hear, "I hate you" on a regular basis?

6. She's smarter than that. Right?

If all else failed, I might just take her in for a Norplant.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Do she have any small cousins or nieces or nephews that she could watch after school every day for a week or two? I think that would change her mind really quick. Also, if you know anyone that's pregnant, have them sit down with her and explain exactly how "wonderful" being pregnant REALLY is. Tell her all about the aches and pains and the stretch marks and the risks involved. Take her on a tour of the maternity ward at your hospital and let her listen to the women in labor.

If all fails, take her on Maury. LOL! I'm kidding.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Try this
    http://www.hip-chick-pregnancy-guide.com/childbirth-video.html
    lanceandhailey

Answer by lanceandhailey at 1:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When I was 16 I held my best friends hand while she had her baby. I stopped having sex for a long time and then was religious about my birth control when I could bring myself to consider it again.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008