whats it like in Washington?

we're thinking about moving there next year and i was wondering what its like. i live in texas and have never been out of texas so im super excited.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Travel

• Depends on what part of washington you are thiking about moing to. I live in eastern washington and i love it. its cold and snowy in the winter but summers are awsome here as where i live we sit on the columbia river and there is so much to do. western washington is a bit wet all the time lol as its closer to the coast line but still wounderfull. Iv lived here for the last 4years but grew up in central oregon which is also great lol. I lived with my husband in texas for a while out side of fort hood cuz he was millitairy we liked it ok but we sure missed home. what part are you guys thinking about moving to in washington?
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• depends on what part of WA you are wanting to move to. I live in the Tacoma/Seattle area there is a lotto do. It is beautiful, it does rain a lot but other than that I love it!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• the part closest to idaho thats where dh is from
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Spokane?
    I live in Seattle. Hopefully you get more snow than rain. It's pretty, lots of water but I don't like the gray. It's gray a lot of the year. Summer is short.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• where abt?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• One word - drizzle.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am west of Seattle on the water. I love it!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My family lives in Tacoma and yeah, it's pretty rainy. But I live in Delware and I would take the West Coast any day. There is so much to do in WA, and the area around Tacoma/Seattle is beautiful. I don't see how anyone could not love it. The culture and people are different there too. In a very good way.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I live in Southwest Washington, close to Portland. I love it here! I am originally from Long Beach, CA. Been in Washington for 4 years. But I have things to do all around me to the South and the North. The Spring and Summer here are BEAUTIFUL. Greenery all year long and fresh air!! It does rain a lot but it makes you appreciate those sunny days like you have been presented a gift!
    BellaH10

Answer by BellaH10 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011