Third teen suicide this week in my neighborhood. adult content

My friend alerts me to this (she's a news manager/gets info as soon as paramedics are called). We live in a really nice area and I am SO bummed to hear these kids are killing themselves (holidays). The three are a coincidence but my gosh, if you have teens, keep them very close, make sure they are okay.
: (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• A few years a go when I was in HS a girl killed herself, hung herself in her dads car garage, she had been fighting with her BF and was known to play the "choking game." It was awful. My whole school mourned her loss. Made suicide a lot more real and many people sought help. Maybe their deaths won't be in vein. Maybe in your community you can get some type of group going for teens so they can vent, or make sure their schools have a mourning or grief counselor
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That's awful!!! :(
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That's terrible. So sad to hear kids doing that to themselves. I had a friend who shot himself in the head our Freshman year of high school. It was one of the scariest things we ever experienced. I went to a very small high school with only about 60 kids in my class, and we had been in the same class together since kindegarten. This boy was very well liked, very smart, and a very gifted artist. It's so sad to think that teenagers believe that life is so tough at such a young age.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• WOW... that seems like an ODD coincidence. ARe you sure it is a coincidence???

Anonymous

• that's SO horrible :(

my very small town has had a lot of runaways lately.... but it's scary because you never know if they're really runaways or were kidnapped, off to kill themselves, etc.

Minneapolis (about 4 hours from me) had a terrible murder/suicide w/ a 14 and 15 yr old couple earlier this year. My heart aches for the Mommas
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• thats awefull!!!!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 6:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That is terrible. Something must be going on that nobody is aware of.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010