Can labor be started with a dildo?

My doc said he wants me and hubby to try and induce labor with as much sex and walking as we can. He said sex starts it best but my hubby works SO much. Hubby offered to get me a dildo for when he can't be there... For some reason I just feel that a dildo won't work, I don't know why. Maybe I just want him. LOL. So my question is.... who is right? My hubby insists that a dildo will do the job.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 1:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, you do need the sperm to help, but actually if you could get yourself to get an O from the dildo, that helps also. LOL I know you're trying to prove your hubby wrong, but hey, you could see if you like it and then let him join later on. =P OH yeah btw the walking thing seriously works. I was almost 39 weeks and my dr. said I really have to start doing something so one day I went shopping with my hubby for the whole freaken day. OMG it was just walk, walk, walk, and more walking! I don't know about you but when my belly was that big, I was too lazy and tired to even go anywhere. Sure enough, I went into labor that midnight. Uhh.. lol i don't know if it's related but did I mention I also ate a big ass buffet after I went shopping?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• its not the penis that starts labor, but the sperm, so a dildo will do nothing.....
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• YES SCORE FOR MEEEE!!!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with the previous poster the semen softens the cervix which is what can help start labor.
    lanceandhailey

Answer by lanceandhailey at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I've read that you shouldn't use dildos while pregnant because they can introduce bacteria and cause infections....but you should probably be cleaning or using a condom with it even if you weren't pregnant....nm. lol. i can see myself getting off topic with this now.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• These ladies are right. You win :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The contractions for an orgasim can help jump start things too. But you don't need a dildo for that. The best combination is sperm and an orgasim but one is better then neither.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That title made me lol, sorry :P
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yup, you win!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• What your doc. is saying is actually, the contraction that an orgasm causes you. And walking is physical especially on your lower half when late term.... Both my girls decided to come after me and my man did "it" LOL And there they were. Hey why not? You get one last YEA! And then you get to fall in love with what has been feeding off you for nine months!
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008