So, the man who is being charged with a felony for snooping in his wife's email..

should he be convicted with a felony? I have to admit, I have snooped before. That is how I found out the man I was going to marry was flirting online with other women the entire time we had been together. He told them he had just gotten out of a bad relationship and was looking for some fun. The only person he even mentioned his kids to was an old friend, and even then, he told her my family didn't like him (a complete lie) and he wasn't sure he loved me. So in my case, being a nosy ass was a good thing! I had no idea he was carrying on like that, I thought he was the loving fiance and father. I got suspicious when he left up the Facebook I didn't know he had and some girl was asking him why he never showed up somewhere. What about you? If you ever suspected something fishy was going on, would you snoop? And do you think the man in the news deserves a record for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• those things are SO hard to prove and so expensive to prosecute.... it's wrong maybe sure and immoral blah blah blah but I don't think any pending charges will really stick
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think it depends on the email. If it was her work email then I can see it being a felony because it involves a corp. But snooping in personal email doesnt seem like itd be a felony. Didnt hear this story but its so hard to beleive. Def sad though
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No he doesn't and if I had good reason, YES I would.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If I suspected something fishy I would demand access and if he didn't grant it, that'd be enough for me, no need to try and get around him. My SO and I have each others passwords, it'd be weird if we didn't.

Do I think he deserves a record; Well technically he violated someones privacy, just like opening someone else's mail, punishable by law, unless you get permission.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Beyond ridiculous. He should not be convicted and I can't even believe that he would be charged.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It was her Gmail email...not her work email. And he had her password. Maybe SHE shouldn't have been having an affair...maybe then he wouldn't have felt the urge to snoop. Ff the Mrs. is cheating, she is probably feeling a little guilty...therefore acting differently. guys maybe dumb sometimes but they have instincts just like us women do.
    I feel sorry for the guy. To find out your wife is a cheating whore AND face felony charges. WTF is the world coming to??
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i think if your in a relationship that serious there shouldnt be anything to hide!! He should not face charges for going into her emal wth? I agree with cheekycherub
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 5:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• She kept her passwords in a book next to their shared personal computer. DUH!! How is that hacking?? Are we supposed to feel bad for her?
    Granted, she had already filed for divorce, but then get the hell out of the house or change your password and don't put it in a book next to a shared computer!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If she already filed for divorce why was she still here. I firnly believe that if you are going to cheat you should be prepared to be the one to move out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't call it spying if you are married, there should be nothing to hide especially a relationship on the side!
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010