What's one thing you admire from another religion?

I admire the JW for their evangelizing and the Mormans for their giving especially in the Yes on Prop 8. How about you?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 1:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christianity-The togetherness you feel when your in church
    Islam-The prayers are very meaningful and family means alot to Muslims
    Judisim-Sticking to the First testiment the way that they do
    Hinduism-The weddings are very fun
    Bahaism-The togetherness they promote in their religion (combining of religions)
    There is something to appreciate in almost all religions!
    Anonymous

• I would have to say the Mormon's are the most caring giving out of all the Christians. I loved going to there Church on Sundays. To bad the closest Mormon Church is over an hour away

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I admire Buddhists for their outlook on life. They seem to be very happy and content. I'm not saying people that follow other religions aren't...they just seem to show it more.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with the first part of the OPs statement (concerning the JWs and their stick-to-it-iveness) but strongly disagree with the second half.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm going to repost this here, I posted in the other question that is the same thing...not sure why it needed asked twice in 16 minutes... oh well

The "harm none" belief in most pagan religions. This includes thinking bad things, saying bad things, and doing bad things. IMO The world would be a much better place if everyone tried to follow this.

I admire Seventh Day Adventists, who's belief system includes being healthy.  The things they eat and do not eat really is inspiring that their faith can lead them to a healthier lifestyle. 

Anonymous

• Muslims... they are dedicated to prayer and fasting.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• catholicism: I was raised going to catholic church but it was never "my religion". their churches are a beautiful sensory experience: the architecture, the incense, the stained glass, the holy water, the ritual. don't believe a bit of it, but they have lovely trappings.

and black southern churches seem to me to get it a lot closer to right: the music is joyous, their god's love makes them happy, and there's not such a preoccupation with what others are doing with their genitals, or what others are reading or watching. a much better model than many churches, IMHO.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• There's much to admire in many religions. Pagans, for their tolerance of individuality. Muslims, for their self-discipline and self-restraint. Jews, for their history and perseverance. Buddhists, for their peace and serenity.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 3:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The catholic church b/c of the whole expericence is a ritual. Going to mass with friends was always an to do dah day.
    But overall the Buddist have the healthist out look on life.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i agree that mormon church seems to be the most organized and seem to be the first in humanitarian aid. i don't know about others so i can't say what i like about other churches. although i think the catholic church has some pretty churches.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2008