Ear Piercing

What age is the "right" age to get dd ears pierced?
She is almost 8 mths and Im scared LOL am I being dumb
when did you do it what do you think
TIA

ErinML

Asked by ErinML at 5:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• We waited until both of our girls could handle the responsibility of caring for their ears. Our older daughter was 9 and our younger daughter was 10.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I won't be getting my daughters ears pierced until she is older and decides she wants them and can be responsible enough to take care of them. One childhood friend has a snake tongue shaped ear lobe because as a baby the earring got snagged and RIPPED out of her ear. I know some mothers do it and think it's easier when they are young, but I wouldn't tattoo my baby and to me they are one in the same. It's not my body, it's hers, i'll let her decide
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't pierce my kids ears unless she was old enough to tell me she wanted to herself and could take care of them on her own. I know a girl that pierced her 2 months olds ears because she was bald and wanted her to look like a girl.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was made to wait until I was older so we decided to get our littles ones done early. It really is a decision that you have to make for youself. If you are worried for her then by all means wait. There is no special age set in stone.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We wait till they want to get it done. Then we have a talk about how it hurts, infections and how they need to take care of them. I oldest is 7 years old and just asked to get hers.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I personally would wait until my little one could take on the responsibility and ASK to get them done.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• TsMommy428 - my words EXACTLY!!

I personally would wait until my little one could take on the responsibility and ASK to get them done.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• 3 months. There isn't much to take care of. They have to be cleaned for a week. She still has the same earrings in and she is 3. A pair of diamond studs never hurt nobody! Lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i would wait till she is old enough to make the decision herself and care for the piercings.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• On the other side of the argument....
    I pierced my daughters ears recently, and she is 19 months old, and she loves them! She doesn't play with them, she let's me clean them, and she got over the pain the moment they handed her the mirror. She calls them her "pretties" and she shows everyone. It's really up tp you and your DH when you want them done. We both decided when I was pregnant to get them done when she was a baby... Nad we just took a little longer than we planned to.
    My mom is all for them,,my dad is against them, and his family doesn't mind them at all.
    Just decide for yourself, I am happy with my decision and so is my daughter.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010