When your husband corrects your kids, do you intervene if you disagree?

Or are you okay with the fact that he may parent differently than you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I might discuss it with him later, but I don't do it in front of the kids. I expect the same courtesy from him.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would never say anything in front of the kids. I might mention later that it might be more effective this way but I never want the kids to see us disagree on parenting. We want to present a united front.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I do a lot more then I should!!! This is something that should be disscussed between "us" and i havnt done the best at it!
    So yes I have and I am working on stopping it!
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 5:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I will usually do something light, like a nudge or a look. Depending on the situation I will let it go, it is his child too and I am not the only one with rules, it should be fair parenting. Notice the should.... not that it always is.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I intervene if and only if he is being to hard on them and if he has let one of the other kids get by with it before.
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would never intervene in front of the children. I might tell him later in private that I thought a situation could have been handled differently. In all honesty, children get much more benefit from their dad's discipline than they do from Mom's. I would not want to ever undermine that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Definitely different that is our 2nd biggest fight is about our children. I wish my mother would have sat down with me and said before you get married talk to the guy and see how you 2 are going to raise your children up if you have any.
    My husband & I talk into the bedroom when our situations are different. It doesn't always work through.
    I wish my husband would back me up not he em brasses me in front of our children and doesn't take my side which pisses me off.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 6:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• agree with everyone. if my husband corrects or disciplines his step son and i don't agree, i will wait till he is in bed and then talk to my husband. but i never correct him really, i just offer suggestions. that way im not nagging.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It depends. I have kids from a previous marriage so he knows he does nothing to them without going through me first. Unless they are running around with a knife or something extreme he has to talk to me. We have one daughter together and he knows my guidelines for discipline and did before we got married. My daughter also knows what punishment is acceptable and she is 5 yrs old. There is no spanking ever. If I ever saw him try to he would be out the door and I would intervene.

Answer by gemgem at 6:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I intervene when he is rough on the girls. He makes them do things I do not care for and I try to let him know when I think oppistie.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010