How do i tell him he smells like poop without hurting his feelings? adult content

Hello i have a 10 year old brother who is the sweetest little boy ever but he smells like poop, he smells really bad, his breath doesnt smell nor does anything else on his body like underarms its clearly coming from his behind...its so bad that you can smell it with in 3 feet of him and he leaves the seats were he sits smelling really bad...i dont want to hurt his feelng at all but its very bad smelling and i dont want him to get teased at school or to never correct that issue and grow up as an adult smelling like that...my mother knows he smells bad everybody does but no one will tell him...my mom only yells at him to take a shower because he smells like poop....but she has never has a SERIOUS talk about how bad it is and how bad it needs to change...so i wanna do it...please help me and remember i dont want to hurt his feeling...also my boyfriend who he considers like a big brother could tell him, so if you all think it be better for him totalk to him...let me know, Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Time for a sit down to talk about proper wiping after pooping. Maybe get him some flushable wipes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Exactly what she said... wipes would help alot and make it easier for him for sure! Good luck.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think you should directly talk to him about it before someone who is not so nice about it does. Just be really direct and honest and let him know that this is something that isn't going unnoticed. Explain to him that hygiene is something he needs to start to take seriously now because that is the adult thing to do and that you don't want him to be teased.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 6:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Aside from the odor and the real possibility of teasing and ostracization by his peers. This could be a medical issue; I mean if he smells that strongly you'd have to think he's suffering from "diaper rash" in that area; and if he's not; it could be he's cleaning himself just fine but passing extremely noxious gas; which I would have to guess is an intestinal issue.

Perhaps offer to take him for his next check up if your Mom is not willing to do her job properly; then maybe the Dr can have this discussion with him and it won't be as embarrassing of a situation for him. How sad for him...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Talk to your mom. I am sure she has to have noticed.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sit down and talk to him nicely. Get some Cottonelle wipes to have him use after he has a BM. My son was like this too and I just talked to him about wiping properly and to use the wipes after he wipes to make sure he gets everything and to change is underware every day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• fIRST OF ALL WHY DOES HE SMELL LIKE THAT MOM MITE CONSIDER TAKIN HIM TO A GASTROINEROLOGIST HE CHECKS THOSE AREAS, I AM WORRIED THAT HIS BREATHES SMELLS I FEEL HE MIGHT HAVE A MEDICAL ISSUE TELL MOM TO SAY HE NEEDS TO GO FOR A CHECKUP FOR SCHOOL.IS HIS CLOTHES GETTING WASHED???? BEDDING??? hIS MATTRESS MIGHT BE BAD???? BUT I THINK MOST OF ALL HE NEEDS MEDICAL HELP I AM SURE HE NO'S HE SMELLS LIKE HOW WOULD HE NOT KNOW. MOM CAN TALK TO THE DR PRIVATELTY SO HE STILL DOES'NT NO IT ALL THIS MIGHT HELP HIS MORAL TOTALLY BUT A REGULAR MD WON'T BE GOOD ENOUGH!!!! Good luck, ps if that don't work i would have mom talk to him about things first cuz mom's r suppose to, then maybe the boyfriend!!!
    nervous792

Answer by nervous792 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010