Do you wait until the start of the next school year?

When you make the decision to go back to school/college, do you wait until the new fiscal year or the next semester?

I'm going for the next semester possible (spring semester starts January 18th).

Asked by _Tam_ at 6:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in

• I started last spring (January) it was hard to find deals on school stuff and It through my track a little because stuff isn't always offered every semester but I say do it, knock out the english/math/psych stuff that everyone has to take, I had to just jump in because if I didn't I may have kept putting it off and not gone back.... as far as Financial aid nothing was really affected. plus, parking is better in the spring semester around here :) Good luck in school!

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well this depends on your major and if you are starting fresh in a new program etc. My original major was Plastics Engineering (have my bachelor's now) and certain classes were only offered during certain semesters and were preregs for each other so starting at any time other then the fall. I am going back for an associates in business and the way the classes fall I can pretty much start when I want and they do trimesters at this school so I will be starting in March.

Answer by aeneva at 6:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i dont wait on anything , do things soon as i know

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• nope. i went back last january the real program i wanted was not until this january and i decided on an alternate program and i am glad i did. best decision i ever made. it was weird to start in january but i am glad i did.

Answer by lambdarose at 6:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I started in the summer semester and will finish in May.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I went back during the very next semester. I just wanted to get things going.

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011