Kids digital camera

My son turns 5 next month and he loves taking pictures on my camera. Is one of those kids ones worth it?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 6:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bought my daughter one last year when I got my tax check as a special surprise and she LOVES it. She has it all the time and it was totally worth it for us.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes! He will figure it out and you can see the world from his point of view!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I just bought my twin 4 year old boys the Discovery Digital Camera and they love it.

Angdubb

Answer by Angdubb at 6:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Don't get the V-Tech one! It has never really worked well for us and the customer service stinks.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We bought the V-Tech camera for our daughter for her birthday and it works great for us. There is a game option on there, she can change pictures (add faces, stretch the picture, etc.) I know my friend told me she didn't care for the camera she bought for her son but I don't remember the brand.
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 7:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• we got one a few years ago, we actually bought two, but returned one when we saw what awful pictures the camera takes! cameras on the phones are better! i would just get a real camera.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My 5yo DS has had the VTech camera for years now and still uses it just don't expect any of them to take pictures that are anything like a DSLR.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My 3 year old has the Vtech and she loves it. For a kids camera I think it takes pretty good pictures. To get a good shot they have to be perfecty still otherwise they come out blurry, but other then that it has alot of neat features and 2 games on it. For kids I think it does the trick.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i got my son one of the kid tough cameras a year or so ago and he loved it!! i paid $50 for that damn thing and it hasnt failed yet....he got it wet,he dropped it down the stairs,he stomped on it and yet it was still working.....he did exactly what the kids on the commercial did to theirs and it still worked.....
    so to answer your question yes they are worth it!! they also come with a cord that you can hook up to the computer and download the pictures your child takes onto it!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010