PREGNANCY AFTER A BRAIN INJURY OR STROKE

Has anyone or know of someone that has had a child years after they have had a stroke or any type of injury to the brain? Is it safe?

disabledmother

Asked by disabledmother at 6:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• I don't know about a stroke or injury, you should talk with your doctors. A friend of mine did have a reoccurring tumor(benign) and had to have several brain surgeries when we were teens, she now has 2 children and didn't have any problems with pregnancy.

I would discuss it with both a neurosurgeon and an OB,

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with tnt heres a bump
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I say a doctor is the best one to ask about this...He knows your condition and can explain risks to you.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• THANK YOU LADIES
    disabledmother

Comment by disabledmother (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had a stroke in 1994 (I was 1 month away from turning 23) In 1997 I had my first son and in 2000 my second. They didn't even mention the stroke when I was pregnant. In fact, they were more worried because I have a heart condition and my cardiologist everything was fine and I wasn't even a high risk pregnancy.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• .In 2007 I had a blood blot leaked into my brain while I was 5 months pregnant with my 2nd child, I carried him to full term 7 days after I had him the blood clot burst causing me to have a hemoragic stroke. I want more children but I'm scared, my neurologist says one thing, the doctor who did my surgery says another & my main doctor at the va says something else. I just want the same answer from all but that never happens.
    disabledmother

Comment by disabledmother (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010