What is wrong with my child?

I posted a question today about my son who like to hide in strange places. He like to hide in cabinents, dryers, pantry, and I caught him trying to get in the fridge. I had someone telling me that I need to get my child check because its not normal. What can possibly be wrong with my child? I am not piss I just want to know do you think it is normal for a 2 year old to hide in strange places?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 7:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's normal. I think it's called being 2!! :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• he's two, its normal
    Anonymous

• Very normal. My nephew hid in a cabinet when he was about 1-2, many, many years ago, they couldn't find him - called the cops, had the police involved, everyone searching high and low, he was too scared to come out at that point!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• lol. My DD is 3 and she dumps everything out. EVERYTHING. From normal stuff like blocks and play food to weird stuff like baby powder, dry beans, cereal and a HUGE container of craft beads. All I have to do is leave the room for 30 seconds. Anyway. IMO it's just your LO's quirk. I would enjoy it and take lots of pictures.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• how are those strange places to hide? They sound like very intelligent places to me. My son was still hiding behind a chair in plain site at age 2 lol

He is very normal.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, no... that's totally normal. My brother used to be like that when he was little too, as well as the neighbor boys. The only problem is you have to watch that they don't accidentally lock themselves in a trunk or freezer.  My neighbors' boys hid in the trunk in the hot summer time.  They got out, but it was sooo scarry! 

You can't pay attention to every thing everyone says on here.  Take the good and dispose of the bad advice!!!

It's totally normal for kids, especially boys to want to hide.. hence tents, clubs and forts!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• oh my word i think that person who commented needs to get checked out... kids are kids they do wierd things even hiding places.. it completly normal...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I guess it would depend on when and how he is hiding. If it has gained him some extra attention, negative or positive from you, that might be the reason right in a nutshell. If he is doing it when people come over, or as an escape or a way to calm anxiety then that could be a red flag for problems. I think most young children do go through a hiding stage and they love to play hide and seek. I do think that there is a danger element to this hiding, so I would personally try to minimize any attention you give him for hiding. I would try to distract him and redirect him to a different game if at all possible.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• These are not strange places for a 2-yr-old to hide! It's totally normal!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 7:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's normal. He probably thinks it's funny. There is no need to get him checked.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010