How do you know when you're ready?

Boyfriend of almost 2 years and I broke up a month ago. I knew it was coming for awhile so it didn't hit me very hard. My friends are trying to set me up on dates but I honestly just want to be by myself for awhile. They think this is crazy and I should jump right back in. I think I'm ready, but I really don't want to.

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 7:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• When you're ready, you will feel comfortable going out on dates. Just don't miss out on a great oppurtunity.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You answered your own question, you're not ready yet. Take time for yourself, I'm sure you deserve it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds to me like you still need more time for you. Best of luck!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you'll now when your ready but what your friends should be doing is just getting you out and letting you find yourself again... it's may not of hit you hard but it still hurts... you may not be ready to move on.. and just after 2 months really isn't a long time to just jump right back in either... take a minute for you
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You have to want to be in a relationship because if not its not going to work
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's time to mingle an enjoy not date just mingle I guarantee he is
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Take some time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• take some time for yourself its the best thing in the world then when u ready u will know
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• youll know when its time
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Don't allow your friends to push you into dating if you're not ready. You'll know when you're ready...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010