Found a church we like and started our son...

in the catachism program...he is a year late in starting. But the lady that is the head of the program stated we can catch up and he can make his first communion by summer! I am loving the program so far we meet once a month and do a lot of the instruction at home. Suring that onc e a month meeting they also do service projects. i am excited to have my son get involved (us too)
my goal is to try and do a lesson a night... we have to get through 2 books! i am so thrilled with the lady that is the head of ed she gives me confidence that i can get him caught up! So different than another church that started the speech off with all the money we needed to pay to the church... i understand that the churches need $$ to survive but that is so not a way to get me to atend your services!

Any advice? my son is in 2ndgrade

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 7:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hes the one asking all these questions....he so wants to do this too! PLUS... iTS A LOTTA HOME BASE STUFF! So I am in it too Comment by rebeccadac

Well, then let the brainwashing begin!!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Good for you. We do home study also and it works great as long as you keep up, one year we weren't very good at doing the work so I made it a priority after that. We use the Faith First program, there's a website and games for kids. The program is okay on it's own, but I use it as a starting point for our own lessons. I find out what our bench marks are for the year and I go to the Catholic bookstore and buy books to add to the workbook. I also use the time to read books we checked out from the library, teach the rosary, ect...  I also use a book called The Big Book of Catholic Customs and Traditions, it's a good resource for easy at home activities.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• What exactly are you asking?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• just would like to see any pointers from anyone who has done the classes from home....
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's nice that YOU'RE thrilled, but you aren't the one who has to go through this extra homework crap. How does your SON feel about you making this kind of decision FOR him??
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hes the one asking all these questions....he so wants to do this too! PLUS... iTS A LOTTA HOME BASE STUFF! So I am in it too
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010