IF YOUR A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN WHY IS IT YOU DO NOT READ YOUR BIBLE MORE??

I HAVE JUST DONE A POLL HERE ON CAFEMOM POLLING CHRISTIANS AND ATHIESTS A ALIKE. AND THERE ARE (BY % )MORE ATHIESTS WHO HAVE READ THE BIBLE COVER TO COVER. TO ME THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD.
WHAT REASON IS THERE FOR THIS??
AND HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO STAND FOR A FAITH YOU DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO LEARN ABOUT??
I AM NOT BASHING MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS(MOSTLY SISTERS) BUT FRANKLY WHAT IS GOING ON HERE THAT WE THINK THAT WE CAN PUT GOD ON THE BACK BURNER AND HAVE HIM HONOR US, OUR COUNTRY OR ANY THING ELSE WE DO??
http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_view.php?id=28159
IS THE AFORE MENTIONED POLL

friends4me

Asked by friends4me at 1:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Great question I needed to hear this. I got to start reading more I try to read a chapter a day but I got to start reading more. Thanks for this post...... God bless you love ya in CHrist
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's not as though those things are accurate....

Christians typically "study" the Bible, a chapter here or a chapter there....

It's JUST MY GUESS, but I'd say that an Atheist would read the Bible cover to cover in order to understand Christianity a little more.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I used to be a born again Christian (when I was much younger). Most of the people at the churches I attended didn't even own a bible, they just listened to what their pastor said and took it as "law".

Long story short, I am now an Atheist, I believe that there is no god. However I do like Buddhist philosophy.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I haven't read the Bible from front to back but I'm a Christian. We study the Bible on a weekly basis or when we're searching for answers on certain subjects, we'll open our books. Do you know how much time it would take to read the Bible, in it's entireity, from front to back while still being able to understand it?! It's one thing to say "I've read the whole Bible". How much of it did you really "get"?

Just because I haven't read every word it holds, doesn't make me less of a Christian...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The bible was not made to be read cover to cover. yes christians should study their bible daily because the bible says so. many people can call themselves christians and sadly when they show a poor example of a christian it pushes others away. when you read the bible you start at the new testament and find out how we are suppose to live today. when you read a little bit you get the knowlede, then you take that knowledge and apply it to your life, which then becomes wisdom. Then God will give the increase. YOU WILL NEVER understand the bible by just reading it from cover to cover. If you truly want to know the truth, and you are not trying to twist the scriptures to your own destruction, then it is simple.
    calebsmuma

Answer by calebsmuma at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I've read it cover to cover several times (while I was an atheist). A lot of Christians don't read it nor do they study it. I know people who rely on others to tell them what the Word says, and I think this is the saddest thing of all.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008