All day kindergarten

Are your kindergarteners in all day kindergarten? MINE lol I love it!!!
My son seems pooped when he gets home which is nice he does homework, eats dinner, then a bath and bedtime :)

Some schools near my sons school allow all day kindergarten you have to pay for which is nuts in my eyes!

ErinML

Asked by ErinML at 7:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 12 yo went to a full day K and he was reading by christmas break. My last one went part day - it was fun but more like preschool. Our school has now gone to all day K for all classes - parents like it better!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• when he gets in K next year it will be all day, our schools are wack though he will go from 9am till 4:15.. thank god he wont ride a bus cause if he did he would get home at 5:45
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 7:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• yeah, they have all day kindergarten here. they don't have mandatory pre-k here (in md) which i find strange, but they do have kindergarten. my son loves it too. but his school starts early and ends early, so they get home by 2:15 or 2:20 (on the bus), so he has time to do stuff after homework.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My daughter is in all day now and we do have to pay for it. We're in the wrong district lol..I know other schools around don't charge. But the school told me that Kindergarten is not mandatory. So if the school don't fund for it that's why we pay for full day. I never knew that. But My sister had told me about some family drama that had happened with our cousin her ex taking her to court cause she wouldn't put their 5yr old in school cause she didn't feel he was ready?? Anyways he lost cause it's not mandatory here that they go to kdg..Crazy..I send mine asap..lol

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We only have the all day kindergarten.

FYI, It is WHICH.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My son is in all day kindergarden and I love it. He get's on the bus at 6:50am and get's home at 2:30pm. He is in a special class because he is autistic with ADHD and he loves school. We don't have to pay for it, but I have heard of it before. He most likely wouldn't be going if we had to pay for it because we don't have the money, so I'm glad it's free.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• mom2just1---better?
    im usually such a nut with spelling. Why I wrote it out that way I have no idea..
    ErinML

Comment by ErinML (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• we are in a full day district. the curriculum is the same for half day and full day in michigan. there was supposed to be a law that "mandated" full day for all mi public kindergarten, but the recession hit hard, and the law is on hold. i am not a big fan of full day kindergarten. maybe if there were more education, it would be more valuable.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think full day is better and while my son was half day the next year all classes went to full day. I can't imagine paying for it though.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• We have all day kindergarten here.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2010