Why anonymous?

Why do you post or answer anonymously? If it's something you do not want others to know about then maybe you shouldn't be posting it/answering it in the first place?

Just looking for some insight.

greensavvymama

Asked by greensavvymama at 7:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• becausseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Anonymous

• Anon stole my answer, WAAAAH!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• lol that was cute.... but you have a point... why can't there just be honesty without having to hide your face...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Honestly?

If the person needs advice and I can speak from experience, but don't necessarily want my business out there for the world, then I will answer anonymously. If my answer would betray the trust of people around me by putting their details out there, but the answer would help someone else, I answer anonymously.

Why can't I strike a balance between my need for a certain amount of privacy and the desire to assist someone who needs it?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 8:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• maybe because it is showing some very private emotions that you want to share but it is hard to show your `face` even if is cafemom. When you hurt so bad you don`t want anyone stepping on your already bruised emotions. Or when you have a point of view that you no one would agree with at all and you know would ruffle alot of feathers. fyi.. i have posted anonymous but only once and not today... :) and it was only because I hurt and did not want my friends to know.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Honestly, everyone needs to drop this topic. We should be able to talk about EVERYTHING, but not everyone is comfortable revealing who they are. It shouldn't make a difference to a single person on here how someone answers.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with Autumn!
    coreym

Answer by coreym at 8:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I wish I could answer as myself all the tome, but some people can't keep it on cm, they drag it out. And instead of dealing with them flipping out, because im honest and it goes against how they feel about whatever topic it Is, I post anon to help the person asking the question. I hate drama, so I post anon to either answer or ask a question without the drama...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I never thought it was about that member or this member. I don`t think this is an old topic because if that`s the case then every topic here is beaten to death. I think about who is posting anonymous. Not only why but who is this person hiding behind the screen. It does make a difference to the OP because they take every reply to their question personally. I read every one of mine. And I try to think about their reaction to my response. I guess it`s how I would respond if you were my friend and not a nameless faceless person.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Im talking about people you know outside of cm, that are on here, that you don't get along with, try stalk you, and look up every single question and answer you post... Yes, I have some stalkers..that like to start drama.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010