how do you store your children's toys? and do they help clean up?

toy storage, kids cleaning up

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In their playroom and nope they dont help they are 2 and under
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i have toy bins and my son cleans up well helps me at least.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• well in the family room and also in their bedrooms we have organizer things that use bins. each bin is for a different thing, and they were labeled in the beginning (now the signs have been ripped off LOL, but they remember what goes where). i help them clean up, but they do the majority of the clean up. even the baby is pretty good about cleaning up (1yo). she gets the stuff into the right bin for the most part.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My son (2) is starting to help out more and more. We keep all of their toys in the playroom. Except for our son's trucks and trains. We have Netflix, so we get more Thomas videos on there then what we have in DVD. Therefore, he plays with them in the living room. Otherwise, they are in big tubs in the playroom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have a few small bins and a dresser, she is 2 and a half and picks up 90% of her toys. I started teaching her to clean up after herself at 16 months. She also puts her dishes in the sink when she is done eating, at 3 ill start teaching her to wash her dishes too
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He has a playroom and there are shelves and two containers in there for his toys. It is his responsibilty to keep it picked up, but I'm pretty lax because nobody uses that room.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Ela is 4, and she hates to pick up her toys. I have bins for everything, but she says to give them to the poor children if I tell her to pick them up.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• we use seperate plastic storage bins for each thing, like one for legos, one for lincoln logs, one for toy cars and tracks, one for Thomas. He is 5 but a special needs kids so no, he doesn't do much to help clean up.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have toys stored in totes. We only open 1 tote at a time. The kids help pick up ( you can start them at 18 months) I also have a rainy day tote that only comes out during rainy or really bad weather.
    If you want kids to help clean up make a game of it, realize kids won't do as good as job as an adult but give them kudos for a good try.
    It also helps if you take a pic of what toy is in each bin.and put the pic on the bin. Makes clean up less stressful for all.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have 3 toy boxes for my kids toys and the rest of them are just laying around in the kids room. They have way to many toys. And yes sometimes my son will help me pick them up.
    Kaydenz_Mom

Answer by Kaydenz_Mom at 11:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2010