how much does it cost to have a vasectomy?

We are pregnant at the moment, but this is going to be our last baby. I am trying to talk dh into getting fixed, but he told me that a guy from work told him thattheir insurance doesn't cover a guy to get fixed (not sure if it is the truth or not), but anyway the guy told him that it cost about 4,000.00 for a male to get fixed. I read online and I seen it cost about that much for a female and it says male is about 600.00. So anyway does anyone know if it costs what my dh says which is 4,000.00? I live in ohio if that helps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My dhs VAS was covered by insurance. Not out of pocket for nothing.
    Anonymous

• My husband's vasectomy was $1500 for everything, and our insurance didn't cover any of it. They paid out $100,000 for my high risk pregnancy, but would not cover a piddly $1500 to prevent another one. BTW it was worth every single penny of that $1500.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• he may be saying it's that much cause he doesn't want to get one... who hope on line and check it out.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Local health departments are doing vasectomy's not there, but offering them free!!Check into planned parenthood programs at local health departments.you might be surprised at all they offer.They also schedule tubals for all that qualify.Worth looking into!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010