Anonymous

How come everyone always wants to be anonymous epesically when you're showing a strong opinion? you're supposed to be proud of what you think and stand up for what you believe in so why hide yourself?? I can understand if it's an embarrassing question but other than that I don't understand.

genagina

Asked by genagina at 8:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• because they can dish it out, but they can't take it.....that's what i think.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ::admittedly can't take it but doesn't really dish i tout either ::
    Anonymous

• people love the excuse to be horribly catty and put down others... why would they put their face next to there nasty remarks, it would get them tons of angry mail- I always answer as myself- or I don't answer at all..
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I do it because I don't want Internet stalkers. I've had one once, and it was a nightmare. So unless I can go anon, I don't post anything that could be controversial in the answers section. It can easily be found on Google.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i have heard some horror stories about hate male from cafemom members and i rather not. i would like to avoid that on certain topics. but usually i don't post anoymously. some people can't take the heat.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I've never felt the need to go anon...and I have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to politics! I've also been a member here for over 3 1/2 years, and I have NEVER received any "hate mail!" You do know that you can remove the chatterbox on your home page and make your profile viewable ONLY by your selected friends, right?! AND if you received any "stalker mail" you CAN report it to CafeMom admins and let them deal with it!

As for being able to see your posts on Google. I tried a Google search for my name and some recent controversial topics in which I posted some opinions, and while my posts and name came up, NO OTHER identifiable information was viewable to the public! So, nothing to fear there either! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm not afraid to post under my screen name. I can understand doing it for certain occasions, but usually I don't get it.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Amen!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I never go anon. What's the point? It's not like anybody knows me and will stalk me relentlessly at my house for having a difference in opinion. That would be kind of creepy come to think of it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It would be a good idea if they eliminated the Anonymous option, I think. Maybe people would be more polite and stop calling people names ,etc. when they disagree.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010